Publication of articles
Procedures for submission of articles for publication in the scientific journal “Proceedings of South-West State University”
GENERAL RULES TO THE MANUCRIPTS OF THE ARTICLES AND THEIR REGISTRATION
1. The manuscript should contain new results of scientific and practical researches which meet the topic of the section. The results should not be published in any other journals before. New information about the University can be published as well.
2. The manuscript should be written both in Russian and English.
3. The printed text of the manuscript should not be more than 10 pages including figures (not more than 4) and charts (not more than 2).
3.5.4 The author of the manuscript should submit to the publishing department the following:
- the manuscript of the article, printed in accordance with the rules of registration submitted for publication in the journal (see 3.6);
- one certified external review, given by Doctor of Sciences;
- one recommendation of the department or the research department of the institution in which this work has been performed. The recommendation should contain all necessary information about relevance, scientific novelty and practical significance of the article.
- one expert report from the institution where the research has been performed. The report should proof the possibility of publishing the articles in the press (it is a must for technical articles; it is at the request of the Editorial Board for articles on economy). For employees of South-West Sate University an expert report is issued in the form 03.121 (see Appendix 04.018-2005);
- information about the author (surname, name, father’s name; place of employment, position, degree, title, postal address, telephone number and е-mail);
- СD or DVD.
5. Every author can publish not more than one article in one issue. But he can be a co-author in 2 articles in the same issue of the journal. If there is a need to publish more articles in one issue, then it should be agreed with the Editorial Board of the journal.
6. Within five working days after submission of the materials the Editorial and Publishing Department informs the author by e-mail that the manuscript is accepted (or rejected) for consideration.
7. All submitted manuscripts are reviewed. The procedure for reviewing is in accordance with 29.068-2012.
8. In case the article is not accepted for publication, the Editorial and Publishing Department informs the author.
9. In case the article is accepted for publication, the author signs a licensing agreement 03.074 (see Appendix A).
10. The Editorial Board doesn’t consider the manuscripts which don’t meet to the requirements of the journal.
11. Materials submitted for publication are not returned.
12. The date of receipt of the manuscript to the Editorial Board is specified in the published article. In case the author corrects the manuscript then the Editorial Board assigns the date of the final text of the article.
13. The Editorial Board reserves the right to edit articles with the author’s variant of the scientific content.
All materials should be sent to: 305040, Editorial and Publishing Department, SWSU, 94, ul. 50 let Oktyabrya, Kursk, Russia
Tel.: +7(4712) 50-48-19
Pripachkina Ye. Al.
Requirements to the articles for publication in the scientific peer-reviewed journal “Proceedings of South-West State University”
1. The body of the manuscript (except the annotation and key words) is printed in a text editor MS WORD, font «Times New Roman» 14 pt single-spaced,
full justification. Margins from the left side of the sheet, from above and below are 2,5 cm; margins from the right side are 2 cm.
2. The article should contain the following: the index according to the universal decimal classification; a surname and initials of the author; the author’s scientific degree, title, place of work, e-mail and telephone number; the name of the article (in bold, capital letters); annotation and key words; the text with figures and charts; bibliography.
3. Printing styles are forbidden so as changing the rules of the sample or making a new sample. Words within a paragraph should be separated by a single space; the text should be typed without forced ; any charter spacing is forbidden.
4. The equation editor MathType version 5.2 and others should be used for a set of formulas and variables: usual – 12 pt; large indices – 7 pt; small indices – 5 pt; large symbols – 18 pt; small symbols – 12 pt.
The type page should be 75 mm. If the formula is larger, then it is necessary to simplify it or split into several lines. Formulae as images are not allowed!
All Russian and Greek letters (Ω, η, β, μ, ω, υ etc.), symbols for trigonometric functions (sin, cos, tg и т.д.) and chemical formulae should be typed in normal font. Latin letters should be typed in italics. The article should contain only the most necessary formulae.
5. The size of all values in the article should conform to the International System of Units.
6. All figures and charts are inserted into the text. The charts should have appropriate headings. Figures should be in one of the standard formats (TIFF,JPEG,PNG) with resolution 300 dpi and are published in black-white. The quality of figures should allow their polygraphic reproduction without additional corrections. figures in MSWord are not allowed.
figures are inserted into the text using the option « Insert-Picture-From File» with wrapping. The text should be aligned to the center of the page without indention. Other technological insertions are not allowed.
7. Bibliography in the article is obligatory. It should reflect all cited recourses mentioned in the article.
Bibliography should be organized according to All Union State Standard 7.0.5-2008. «References. General rules on making referencing». Authors are not allowed to refer to the articles which are still in print. References in the text should be given in brackets.
8. Authors are requested to use only standard abbreviations in the text.
9. Authors can bring the manuscript to the Editorial Board personally as well as sent it by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then the manuscript should be in the form of archive formats rar or exe (self-extracting) and recorded to a CD (or a DVD). The manuscript and all the charts and figures should be archived.
Peer Review Process оf Articles
by the Academic Council of the South-West State University
(minutes № 3, 28.10. 2010)
Peer Review Process of the Articles Submitted to Publication in the Scientific Journals of the South-West State University
Peer Review Guidelines
All articles submitted to the editorial staff are independently peer-reviewed.
1. A manuscript of a scientific article, received by the editors of the appropriate scientific area from the Editorial Department, is reviewed with respect to the conformity to the journal scope, the requirements for manuscript style and forwarded to one or, if necessary, two reviewers.
2. Both members of the Editorial Board of the journal and highly qualified scientists and specialists of the South-West State University and other institutions and enterprises, having profound professional knowledge and experience in a specific scientific area (as a rule, Doctors of Sciences, Professors), are involved in manuscript reviewing.
3. Reviewers are notified that a manuscript sent to them is author’s intellectual property and cannot be subjected to disclosure. Reviewers are not allowed to copy articles for their needs. Reviewing is performed confidentially. Breach of confidentiality is possible only if a reviewer reveals invalidity and unreliability of the data presented in the article. Experts working in the same institution where the work is performed cannot be involved in manuscript peer-reviewing.
4. Original reviews are kept in the Editorial-Publishing Department within three years from the date of article publication and can be sent to the author or the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (a copy) upon the request.
5. If a review of an article contains recommendations for revision and improvement of the content, then the article is sent to the author for revision. In this case the date of receipt of an article to the Editorial Department is the date of receipt of a revised article.
6. An article sent to the author for revision should be returned with all necessary improvements in as short a time as possible. A letter from the authors containing the answers to all the comments and explanatory notes to the changes made in the revised manuscript must be attached.
7. If an article on the recommendation of a reviewer is subjected to major revisions, the same reviewer looks over the changes made to a paper after peer review to ensure that improvements have been adequately made.
8. The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject an article in case of author’s inability or unwillingness to consider a critical feedback of a reviewer.
9. An article is rejected without consideration of the other members of the Editorial Board if there are two negative manuscript reviews from two different reviewers or one review for a revised version of the article.
10. Decision, based on the feedback provided through those reviews, to accept the content for publication is made by the Deputy Editor.
The maximum peer review process between the dates of receipt of the manuscript and making a decision by the Editorial Board is 2 months.
Rules for Peer Reviews of Scientific Articles
Purpose of peer review is to help select the highest quality articles for publication and give revision advice improve the quality of the research article offering new insights into research methods.
1. Peer Review must be the most valid form of research evaluation of the scientific article; it should contain a comprehensive analysis of article’s scientific and methodological advantages and disadvantages.
2. Recommended length of peer-reviews is about 1.5 pages of text of A4 paper size, 12pt.
3. Recommend structure of peer-review:
− evaluation of the relevance of scientific and research problem within the field;
− analysis and evaluation of the theoretical and practical significance of the ideas/findings developed by the author and presented in the article;
− scientific novelty of the results, outlined in the article. In this paragraph the specific author’s findings/results presented in the article, which, according to the reviewer, have scientific novelty should be indicated; originality of the work conducted;
− evaluation of the validity and reliability of the data presented in the article;
− critical feedback of the reviewer;
general conclusion about the scientific level of the article, containing recommendations for its publication, revision or rejection.
Review must be signed by the reviewer, whose signature must be certified by HR specialist.