Final information of the Forum
International Russian-African Interuniversity Forum "Russia– Africa: Vectors of Youth Cooperation"
November 9 , 2022
Kursk – Algeria – Dar es Salaam
On November 7-9, 2022, the International Russian-African Interuniversity Forum "Russia – Africa: Vectors of Youth Cooperation" was held. The Forum was held at three face-to-face venues: in Russia, Kursk, in Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, in the capital of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, Algiers, and remotely.
The Forum was initiated by the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo), the Russian Federation. The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, the Representative Office of Rossotrudnichestvo in Tanzania participated in the preparation and holding of the event.
The operator of the Forum is Southwest State University (Kursk, Russia) with the assistance of Abbas Lagrour University, Khenchela, Algeria. The working languages of the Forum were Russian, English and Arabic, and simultaneous translation was carried out in parallel.
In total, the Forum was attended by about 700 citizens of 32 countries representing 62 organizations and associations of higher education, research and international cooperation.
During the 3 days of the Business Program, 34 reports were heard, 8 presentations of Russian universities were held, discussions were held on ways to develop cooperation between universities in Russia and African countries, issues of organizing education for foreign citizens in Russia were considered in detail.
Participants of the International Russian-African Interuniversity Forum "Russia – Africa: Vectors of Youth Cooperation",
recognizing youth cooperation as an integral part of modern international cooperation;
realizing the responsibility of youth as the main driving force of multilateral cooperation between Russia and the countries of the African continent in the near future;
taking into account the new needs, interests and problems of young people emerging in the context of modern geopolitical and economic challenges, the aggravation of international tensions and growing global competition, as well as technological challenges associated with digitalization;
noting the high potential of participation of young scientists, researchers and specialists in various fields in the development of their countries' economies and global integration processes,
consider it expedient to actively promote:
- to develop coordinated approaches to the development of international youth cooperation between universities and research organizations of Russia and the countries of the African continent in the educational, scientific and cultural spheres;
- to involve the mass media in supporting and promoting international youth cooperation both in individual countries and in international initiatives;
- creation of "united student councils on professional affiliation" and "scientific student societies" under the relevant Intergovernmental commissions of the Russian Federation and the States of the African continent;
- implementation of educational programs and projects for the development of professional competencies among young professionals in various fields, including for activities within the framework of international youth cooperation;
- creating conditions for the promotion of the Russian language in the youth student environment of the countries of the African continent as a language for obtaining and developing professional competencies and forming personal career trajectories;
- participation of African universities and youth public organizations in 2023 in the events of the Year of the Russian Language as the Language of Interethnic Communication.
The participants of the International Russian-African Interuniversity Forum "Russia – Africa: Vectors of youth Cooperation" consider it appropriate to recommend to the public authorities of the Russian Federation and the countries of the African continent:
- to use the venue of the II Russia – Africa Summit in the summer of 2023 in St. Petersburg, Russia, for the youth section of the Summit, including for signing cooperation agreements between universities in Russia and Algeria, as well as other countries; to form international working groups for the documentary preparation of bilateral cooperation agreements from representatives of interested universities and state authorities of the participating countries;
- to organize informing African countries about the events held in Russia and Russia abroad in the field of international youth cooperation, in which representatives of African countries can take part;
- to promote the study and dissemination of the best practices of bilateral university cooperation between universities in Russia and African countries;
- to promote the holding of the International Russian-African Interuniversity Forum "Russia – Africa: Vectors of youth cooperation" on a regular basis as an effective tool for the development of cooperation between universities in Russia and African countries.
The participants of the International Russian-African Interuniversity Forum "Russia – Africa: Vectors of Youth Cooperation" instruct the organizer of the Forum – Southwest State University to send the adopted Final Resolution to the interested state authorities of the participating countries of the Forum.
Accepted unanimously by the participants of the International Russian-African Interuniversity Forum "Russia – Africa: vectors of youth cooperation".